22 July 2011

Say YES To Marriage, NO To Divorce!

Personally, I simple love weddings... I have no idea why.. Maybe because of the sweet and beautiful or rather romantic setting of the whole occasion. But mostly, I actually love the uniting of two people. And because I love the unity, I hate the separation.

Think about it, the first time you met your girl/guy, it felt like floating on air. Like you were on the clouds and it's like only the two of you mattered in this whole world... Then, you get married, exchange your vows and seal the covenant of matrimony with God.

Then, you start a family and sometimes your relationship doesn't turn out like how you want it to or things simply changes due to situations, etc. At the end, you separate and finally file for a divorce. Is that it? What happened to the "I Do" which was witnessed by your friends and family? What happened to "I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer."? Love is simply not a feeling and marriage is simply not a ceremony. It's a journey to make sure that the relationship gets stronger as the years go by.

A marriage consists of 3 elements. The man, woman and God (and there's also the papers signed for the marriage registration). But in divorce, you only have the man, woman and the divorce papers. Where's God? He's not included. There's no ceremony. Meaning even if divorce papers are signed, the divorce is only on paper but in the eyes of God, they are still man and wife. For scripture says, "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.” (Matthew 19:6). And so, it shall be as you have vowed 'till death do us part.' God encourages unity not separation. He even said. "...Love your enemies..." (Matt. 5:44 / Luke 6:35).

Divorce is prone to couples married at young ages. But then some couples are really doing great even after getting married at a young age. It all depends on how you want that relationship to grow and feel the love that's always supposed to be there. One movie I'd like to recommend to couples or anyone in general, would be FIREPROOF. Watch this movie and you will see how a failing marriage can still be saved. Another movie that couples can learn from is "Just Breathe".

Well, I'm not a relationship expert but I do take note on things like this from observations, movies and real life experiences. 
Categories:

8 comments:

S. Brown said...

Nice article. I am not fond of going to weddings, because of not being able, myself, to sustain a marriage.

However, I remain friends with my ex. I don't know if I ever want to marry again, but I do want a mate to go through the rest of the journey with.

Cyn P. said...

Maybe you just haven't met the right one yet =)

Sandipan Mukherjee said...

Nice article Cyn.. However I am still young to marry someone...:-)

Cyn P. said...

Thanks for the comment but no worries... I'm young for marriage too =)

Liaise said...

Great post. I enjoyed reading it and I agree with the last part that if people know each other they are less likely to get divorced.
uncontested divorce lawyer
San Francisco divorce lawyers

Anonymous said...

I married at 21. Before I took my vows, I sat down and asked myself ' I am going to be joined to this person for the rest of my life is that what I truly want?' the answer was yes. I fully believe in looking past the white wedding and at the marriage and viewing it as a forever thing. if you cannot do that then you should not get married. Great article x

Cyn P. said...

Yes, indeed! Great comment... It's beyond the white wedding thingy and thinking about it before saying your vows will most certainly keep the marriage alive.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure the place you are getting your info, however great topic.

I must spend a while finding out more or understanding more.
Thanks for fantastic info I used to be on the lookout for
this info for my mission.

Look at my homepage: justhost